Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Tribute to Baudelaire

Can I survive in this damned coldness?
That writhes inside of me
Choking and stuffing Remorse,
Which with its every step
Blows out the shimmering light of hope,
In my heart, I once saw a portrait
Of a fair one, and a damned witch.
Loving each other.

There was a blithe Inn,
It was razed down by Satan.
Where can the travelers of the dark forest rest?
In the dark, muddy lake where a werewolf runs unrest,
The cursed tooth gnaws into our soul
The irreparable wound eats through edifice of our being.

Or in His summer palace,
Where the vampires drinks our blood
The cursed tooth gnaws into our soul
The irreparable wound eats through edifice of our being.

Does your morbid fascination
Want to watch me rot?
Oh! The everlasting Remorse.
Burns like the fires of Hell
And eats through like a termite
My empty soul is drained like the water in Sahara

I once saw an angel fighting a thousand demons
With the Sword of Hope.
The battle had a victor
The Angel slew all demons
Satan shattered his head with the dark, heavy mace.
I know not of any angels in my heart.
It is becoming filthy and evil like Satan’s love.

And so you are invited to the alchemy of my sorrow.
Where Midas is buried in a pauper’s graveyard,
Children bathe with Flamel’s blood,
And Debauchery and Death are two good sisters
Cupid is eating the spleen of his victims,
And the blood flows through the Fountain of Joy,
Circumventing each one of you in your thought.

3 comments:

SPIRITed! said...

Did you write this during your physics exam or something?



I know you did.

woods said...

To be true, I didn't i wrote it in pretty normal night, when I was reading Baudelaire with headphones plucked onto my ears.

sourik_poetsparadise said...

I didn't quite understand this poem well brother...maybe i need to blame the tension surrounding my thoughts for that...afterall, my medical exams are knocking on the door...so , please be a little bit more patient till i'm over with my exams and i will leave a honest comment on your poem only after i read it well another time...:) :)

Keep writing!!!

Wishing you good luck!!!
Sourik