Monday, March 23, 2009

Poetry

"Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance." ~ Carl Sandburg

"Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

These two quotes exemplify the meaning of poetry to me, more than any. Poetry is the activity that defines me. I believe poetry is a journey of a poet in his quest for the Truth. Poetry is not only about the thought or the thought it provokes, it is also about the essential emotions embedded in it. Emotions of joy, sadness, pain, anger combine themselves in a poet’s dream. Its outcome is the most beautiful form of literary art. It was the summer of 2006, when I first took up my pen to create in this aesthetically arousing art form. From then on, I have received accolades for my skill, from my teachers, friends, elders and my poems have been a regular feature of the school and some local magazines.

'This is the short answer essay in Commonapplication and it states to describe one of our activities'

No comments: