Monday, May 12, 2008

A Dream

I can’t explain what I am feeling now.
Is it a hope, a dream, or a mirage?
Which will just fade into a void.
As with time I grow nearer to it.

I am feeling afraid.
If my fear grips my neck.
And tries to suffocate me to death.
Could I be able to choke my death away?
When it comes with all its glory.
Never will it be defeated but it will be lost.

I am never happy.
I always wanted to find happiness.
When the sun shinning, and the stars were bright.
All through the night, I drove my desire to life.

I am always alone, but never lonely.
I have someone to talk with and share.
I share my thoughts with my mind.
And my mind talks about it with my soul.

I was once in love.
With the fairest of the fair.
Under the sky we drove our fantasies.
Intewove our lives melodies.
But I killed my love.
As soon it made my mind stir.

What am ‘I’?
A dream, unreal, maybe, but it’s too carefully made,
To burn itself to the ashes like the phoenix.

Be Born Again.
Learn to breathe.
And Light up your torches.
March up to the Gates.
Bring it down. Tear it apart.
With all your might.
Lock them up one by one.
Curse them so nobody ever breathes again

Let’s Rule the World with just a Hope.
That there won’t be death, as I am always a mortal escape.

11 comments:

SPIRITed! said...

Obsessive Depressive. As usual. What about a happy post?

woods said...

i m nt feelin hppy, wat can i do!

SPIRITed! said...

Come on, now! What about a post about paintings or something? You do sound happy when you talk about them on Orkut.

Can I link you to my blog?

woods said...

actualli i dnt write ne articles or nething like dat on my blog, its onli poems.
and a poem about paintings hve to think abt it,
ya link my blog, bt isn't my and urs blog veri dif frm each oder?

Butterfly said...

I know it can be difficult to write happy poems when you're not feeling happy. But, I hope all your sadness will end soon. Hope all your troubles will end. Then,can we expect something cheerful on your blog? You write well after all.

woods said...

yeah! hopin a career as apoet being an engineer!

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

You are trying to put a whole lot of emotions in your poem. Angst-ridden and confused...you still seem not to pour your heart out. You hold yourself back.
Good work...I like the penultimate paragraph the most.

Cheerio

woods said...

i dnt wanna pour my heart out, m onli 18.dnt wanna die dis young!
and sorry to say its nt angst ridden poem.
its abt metaphysics,or the complexities of human mind. nthing abt emotions. stages of thoughts u reach in diff stages of ur life.
and it ends wth being reborn! and having more vigour dan ur previous birth.
sorry sir, its nt abt wat u thut it ws abt. bt dnt be disappointd everbdy cannt undrstnd everything.
bt i liked ur poem black speaks realli well.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

But isnt that what great writings should be .....open to various interpretations.

Saima Afreen said...

The intensity of pain in your poem spills out from its cup wetting the inner eye after all our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thoughts.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

New posts please...or are you waiting for a muse?